Saturday, January 29, 2011

Taking a cruise to the Bahamas in a Carnival cruise ship

Because it is my first post I guess ILL speaks about my recent cruise to the Bahamas. This was really my third cruise and my wife and I have already booked our room, coming from Miami to Key West, Nassau and Cococay. Our first cruise was Carnival Fantasy to Nassau. It was in November 2000. We were married in which cruise and had a party for 45 more or less with us! I have enjoyed most cruisers as it was our first, but when you have many people with you, time flies! I remember dinners to be pretty decent, but the buffet was very well, as I have had the same experience in each of our cruises. This was my first trip to the Bahamas and thought that the continent was quite dirty and taking a cab ride felt they were risking their life. Paradise Island was nice though and Atlantis Resort was amazing! Remembrance sea was also quite harsh on our way back and the boat was rocking enough back and forth. It is not a real feeling comfortable. But, nevertheless, it was a short but pleasant trip, and had decided that it would again.

That leads to our second cruise. This was on the Carnival fascination. I think that trip in March 2005 or 2006, was not sure. It was a night 4 cruises. Left us the port of Miami and traveled to Key West and playa del Carmen. I loved to Key West. I liked the old man, location historical aspect and was clean and pleasant. The atmosphere was easy to go and did not feel that he was going to be hit by a taxi or stolen by the locals, as you can feel if you leave the route beaten in Nassau or Mexico. ID live in key West if I had the opportunity! Once more the food at dinner was decent, and I suppose the dressers were ok. I've heard this from many people but I guess you can expect some of the services or food to be less stellar when its only paying $ 300 to 400 per person for a night of 4 cruises. I've had many people say that food was much better in a more recent top class cruise ship. In any case, our next stop was in Playa del Carmen and because a recent hurricane had damaged the docks we had to stop at another port South of there, with no city. Had the port, and that's it. So we had to rent a jeep and drive North to 20 minutes to beach. Looking back, was very stupid. Taking into account especially cries happening now in Mexico, but even then there were many problems. Led us in some areas that seemed to Iraq or something! Very poor and probably not very secure. If you are taking a cruise anywhere outside of this country is very careful about where you decide to go and how you decide to get there. Once in Playa del Carmen while seemed quite nice and tell were putting money in the area to boost tourism. My friend had a massage while my wife and his girlfriend bought and I had a few crowns and some tacos by the beach. It was nice for a few hours, at least until the rear of the unit. I remember passing by Cuba on the way back to Miami and thought that was pretty interesting. Everything was a very pleasant trip and of course all ship's personnel were great because they are almost always. No service can beat price when it comes to a cruise.

Our last trip was just three weeks ago. We had a free to use cruise and we have booked again another three night trip to the Bahamas. It was in the 2010 Halloween Carnival imagination. We knew quite what to expect, now, since this is our third trip. I wanted to mention that I think that Nassau had been cleaned a little since the last time I was there. This was brought to my attention by someone by what I didn't know what to expect, ten years had passed since the last we were there. Cab drivers are still mad. (And anyone who rent a moped to drive around the island the way people drive there, could have a screw or two losing also!) only joking, although it does not do so. Everything about Nassau was rather ho hum, have been there before. We were about 10 or 15 friends with us on this trip, so it was a great moment! Launched a Halloween party and already do all clothing of apparently and laughed all the others. Food of course average age, I am really tending all my praise for some really good food! I had a night to BBQ ribs and they were really good.

Finally, as I said, we had only booked another cruise to April 2011. This is located in Royal Caribbean, Majesty of the seas. I've heard that his very nice along with all Carnival Cruises have taken, but it would be nice to enjoy a different line and slightly larger ship. Well back to Nassau I could care less, but also to Cayo Hueso, which I love and Cococay RCCL owned. I know that they charge for almost everything on the island, so if you go there educate yourself first. However, Im wishing to leave another.

No comments:

Post a Comment